How to Make Snacks and Favors for an Art Party
Imaginative Crafts, Do-It-Yourself Projects and Video Tutorials by Robert Mahar, robert-mahar.com
SUBSCRIBE to Robert’s YouTube channel: http://bit.ly/CraftedWithRobertMahar
Crispy Treat Paint Brushes
crispy rice treats (crisped rice cereal, marshmallows, butter)
wood craft spoons
candy melts: http://www.joann.com/wilton-candy-melts-12oz/zprd_05728100a.html#q=candy+melts&start=1
wood craft spoons: http://www.joann.com/loew-cornell-3-5-8in-craft-spoons-75pk/3820644.html
1. Cut a pan of crispy rice treats into approximately 2″ x 3″ rectangles and then slice the individual pieces in half vertically (making them half their original thickness).
2. Melt candy melts in the microwave following manufacturers guidelines. Then dip the bottom third of each treat into the melted candy to create the look of ‘paint’. Set aside to dry and harden.
3. Insert a wood craft spoon into the top of each treat to create the look of a paintbrush handle.
Paint Can Party Favors
clear paint cans
colored 8 ½” x 11″ paper
printable round labels
1. Cut a 2 ½” x 11″ band of colored paper. Wrap it around the paint can and secure with a piece of tape.
2. Print round labels and adhere to face of can.
3. Fill with treats!