How to Make Father’s Day Custom Dyed Golf Balls
Imaginative Crafts, Do-It-Yourself Projects and Video Tutorials by Robert Mahar, robert-mahar.com
SUBSCRIBE to Robert’s YouTube channel: http://bit.ly/CraftedWithRobertMahar
Materials and tools:
Rit liquid dye
Glass jars with lids
Tongs or spoon
1) Measure 2 cups of hot water and approximately 2 teaspoon of liquid dye into each glass jar.
2) Immerse golf ball into dye mixture using tongs or a spoon, cover tightly and shake to mix.
3) Check color frequently, the longer the golf ball remains in the dye mixture the darker the color. When desired shade is achieved, remove golf balls, rinse and dry with paper towels.
- It goes without saying — dye stains! Protect your work surface with newspaper or a plastic tablecloth and protect your hands with rubber gloves.
- We used the following Rit dye colors: Golden Yellow, Tangerine, Evening Blue and Scarlet.