How to Make Felted Acorn Napkin Rings
Imaginative Crafts, Do-It-Yourself Projects and Video Tutorials by Robert Mahar, robert-mahar.com
SUBSCRIBE to Robert’s YouTube channel: http://bit.ly/CraftedWithRobertMahar
liquid dish soap
*Online source for wool roving: http://www.joann.com/natural-wool-roving-felt-03-ounces/xprd561235.html#q=wool+roving&start=19
**Online source for acorn caps: http://www.acorno.com/acorncapsforsal…
1. Prepare a small/medium bowl of hot water and 1 tablespoon of liquid dish soap.
2. Separate a smaller portion of your wool roving and pull apart the fibers to create a fluffy ball of wool.
3. Dunk the ball into the hot soapy water and then gently begin to roll it in cupped palms.
4. As the ball cools, re-submerge it in the water and then continue rolling.
5. As the ball becomes denser, apply firmer pressure as you roll it. Continue rolling and dunking the ball until it is solid, firm and dense.
6. Then gently pinch the sides of the ball to create more of an oblong form resembling an acorn.
7. Rinse the completed ball in clean water and set aside to dry.
8. Once the ball has dried completely, hot glue it into the cap of an acorn.
9. Fold your napkin and secure it with a length of natural jute twine. Then tie the felted acorn to the front of the napkin.