How to Make a Kid’s Thanksgiving Table Setting
Imaginative Crafts, Do-It-Yourself Projects and Video Tutorials by Robert Mahar, robert-mahar.com
SUBSCRIBE to Robert’s YouTube channel: http://bit.ly/CraftedWithRobertMahar
Pilgrim Hat Crayon Container:
1. Disassemble a black paper drinking cup and cut approximately 1″ below the cup lip create a template for the hatband. Trace and cut a hatband out of kraft colored paper.
2. Using a 1″ square paper punch, punch a square in the corners of a yellow piece of paper. Cut approximately ½” around the punched square to create the hat buckle.
3. Wrap the hatband around the center of a black paper cup and adhere with a glue dot. Adhere the buckle to the center of the hatband also with glue dots.
4. Using a glue stick adhere black paper to the printed side of a piece of recycled cardboard. Trace and cut a small round bowl onto the cardboard. This creates the hat brim.
5. Run a line of glue around the lip of the cup, center and adhere to the hat brim.
6. Using a craft knife cut out the bottom of the cup, creating an opening for the crayons. Fill with crayons.
Native American Headband Journal:
1. Fold a piece of colored paper lengthwise and cut freehand a half feather shape. Unfold and fringe the sides with fringing scissors.
2. Cut a length of ribbon, long enough to wrap and tie around a child’s head. Using glue dots, adhere the feather to the center of the ribbon. Tie around the journal.