How to Make a Mother’s Day Air Plant Terrarium
Imaginative Crafts, Do-It-Yourself Projects and Video Tutorials by Robert Mahar, robert-mahar.com
SUBSCRIBE to Robert’s YouTube channel: http://bit.ly/CraftedWithRobertMahar
Decorative Elements (optional)
1. Begin with a thoroughly cleaned container and then create a layer of rocks in the bottom.
2. Arrange preserved moss and decorative elements.
3. Insert air plants.
• The proper name for air plants is tillandsia. Tillandsia are epiphytes and need no soil because water and nutrients are absorbed through the leaves. The roots are used as anchors only.
• Mist plants once a week. Position in indirect sunlight.
• Air plants can be purchased at many local nurseries or online:http://www.airplant.com/, http://airplantcity.com/,http://www.airplantshop.com/