How to Make Shirt & Tie Favor Boxes
Imaginative Crafts, Do-It-Yourself Projects and Video Tutorials by Robert Mahar, robert-mahar.com
SUBSCRIBE to Robert’s YouTube channel: http://bit.ly/CraftedWithRobertMahar
Materials and Tools:
Pocketbook Favor Boxes*
Super Tacky Tape**
*Online source for pocketbook favor boxes: http://search.paper-source.com/index/Category-pocketbook/_/N-8hb/Ne-7ps/Ntt-pocketbook
**Online source for Super Tacky Tape: http://www.paper-source.com/cgi-bin/paper/item/Super-Tacky-Tape-45;-6yds-45;-1-4/3650_042/425684.html
***Online Source for decorative paper: http://www.paper-source.com/cgi-bin/paper/item/PBJ-Decorative-Paper-Pad/3108.001/428897.html
1. Begin with a Pocketbook Favor Box. Lay flat and identify the top front closure flap. Using scissors cut this flap to resemble a “W” or buttoned shirt collar.
2. Using Super Tacky Tape, assemble Pocketbook Favor Box according to instructions.
3. Fill with treats and fold down front closure flap.
4. Using scissors, cut freehand a tie from decorative scrapbook paper. Cut the tie in two pieces — the knot and the tail.
5. Adhere the tie tail first to the tie knot, and then apply the entire tie to the shirt collar with double-sided tape.