How to Make Chocolate Lip Balm
Imaginative Crafts, Do-It-Yourself Projects and Video Tutorials by Robert Mahar, robert-mahar.com
SUBSCRIBE to Robert’s YouTube channel: http://bit.ly/CraftedWithRobertMahar
1 ounce beeswax
.4 ounces castor oil
.8 ounces vitamin E oil
.9 ounces avocado oil
1 ounce shea butter
1 ounce cocoa powder
Lip balm containers
Online sources for all materials (except cocoa powder):
castor oil: http://www.brambleberry.com/Castor-Oi…
vitamin E oil: http://www.brambleberry.com/Vitamin-E…
avocado oil: http://www.brambleberry.com/Avocado-O…
shea butter: http://www.brambleberry.com/Shea-Butt…
heart-shaped lip balm containers:http://www.brambleberry.com/Heart-Lip…
Popsicle sticks or spoon for stirring
1) Combine beeswax, castor oil, vitamin E oil and avocado oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for one minute, remove and stir ingredients. Return to microwave for one additional minute on high to finish melting ingredients.
2) Stir the shea butter into the melted oil and wax. If the shea butter does not completely melt with gentle stirring, place in the microwave for 30 seconds.
3) Once all of the ingredients have melted, stir in the cocoa powder. Stir well to eliminate any lumps.
4) Pour the lip balm mixture into your lip balm containers. This recipe makes enough to fill approximately 25 of the heart shaped lip balm containers. Allow the lip balm to sit, untouched, for 15 to 20 minutes to set. You’re now set to gift all of your friends and family with a sweet, sugar-free Valentine!
• You can optionally add a flavoring oil to this lip balm recipe. It has a lovely, chocolate flavor — but consider chocolate in addition to buttercreme, caramel or coconut -yum! See a large selection of flavoring oils here: http://www.brambleberry.com/Flavoring…
Thank you to the Soap Queen for her amazing lip balm recipe! See her tutorial here: http://www.soapqueen.com/bath-and-bod…