How to Make Homemade Pixie Sticks
Imaginative Crafts, Do-It-Yourself Projects and Video Tutorials by Robert Mahar, robert-mahar.com
SUBSCRIBE to Robert’s YouTube channel: http://bit.ly/CraftedWithRobertMahar
freeze dried fruit
granulated white sugar
paper drinking straws*
clean coffee grinder/mill
Online source for paper straws:
1. Combine ¼ cup of granulated sugar and 1/8 cup of freeze dried fruit in a clean coffee grinder/mill. Process until ingredients are combined in a powder.
2. Form a cone from a sheet of paper, making an opening in the cone small enough to funnel ingredients into a drinking straw. Secure with tape.
3. Fold up and pinch end of paper straw. Pour a small amount of powder into the cone and funnel into straw. Fold up and pinch other end of paper
- We found a nice selection of freeze dried fruit at our local Trader Joe’s grocery store: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and pineapple!
- When funneling your powder mixture into the straws, scoop a very small amount at a time to prevent it from backing up in the paper cone.]
This tutorial was inspired in part by the following great blog posts! Check them out for additional flavor combinations and tips:
©Robert Mahar, www.robert-mahar.com