How to Make a Personalized Ceramic Plate
Imaginative Crafts, Do-It-Yourself Projects and Video Tutorials by Robert Mahar, robert-mahar.com
SUBSCRIBE to Robert’s YouTube channel: http://bit.ly/CraftedWithRobertMahar
Materials and tools:
plain ceramic plate
ceramic paint pen*
Online source for ceramic paint pens: Pebeo Porcelaine 150 Paint Markers,http://www.dickblick.com/products/peb…
1. Print out desired text — choose a font size appropriate for your plate rim. Cut out text, leaving approximately a ½” border around text.
2. Tape cut out text to the backside of a piece of carbon paper. Cut carbon paper, Cut out text, leaving approximately a ½” border around text paper.
3. Position and tape to plate rim.
4. Trace over text with pencil to transfer image to plate. Gently remove carbon/paper from plate.
5. Trace over transfer image with ceramic paint markers. Allow to dry.
6. Bake for 30 minutes at 300°F (150°C). This makes the paint permanent and dishwasher-safe.